Dubai World Central (DWC) Free Zone Company Formation
Introduction – Free Zone Focus
The creation of Dubai World Central (DWC) was an initiative of the Government of Dubai in order to blast the economy of Dubai and transform the emirate into a leading global business, trade and aviation hub.
DWC is made up of eight districts: aviation, logistics, Al Maktoum International Airport, residential, humanitarian, leisure, commercial and exhibition, which create an exciting platform for companies to prosper.
DWC is strategically located in the southern part of Jebel Ali and is linked to the Jebel Ali Port and Al Maktoum International Airport via the “Logistics Corridor”. The free zone also has direct access to the Emirates Road and the Dubai By-Pass. DWC is 15 to 30 minutes’ drive from the center of “New Dubai”. DWC provides a world-class logistics platform with unparalleled connectivity, speed and efficiency levels.
Competitive Advantages: Why Dubai World Central?
- 100% tax-free operations
- 100% foreign ownership
- Zero corporate tax
- First-class facilities
- 11 high quality commercial buildings
- Flexible commercial leases
- Simplified setup procedures, minimal red tape
- Options for free zone or non-bonded zone licenses
- Competitive rates
- Strategic location of the Business Park
- Easy access to Al Maktoum International Airport
- Easy access to a dedicated airport-seaport corridor allowing movement of cargo from port to airport in 20 minutes
- Highways providing hassle-free travel
- Space and facilities for companies to operate efficiently and effectively
- Ample available floor areas allowing expansion of companies’ operations
Dubai World Central Contact Details
PO Box 282228
Tel: 00971 4 814 1111
Fax: 00971 4 814 1366
07:00 to 15:00
Sunday to Thursday
Dubai World Central Company Fees and Registration Process
- Initial approval
- Company Registrar
- Documents required for setting up a DWC-LLC
- Documents required for setting up a branch
- DWC fees
Potential DWC clients who wish to operate their business from DWC need to register as a Free Zone Enterprise and hold a DWC business license. Any company, association, partnership or individual may apply for the registration of a Free Zone Enterprise at DWC.
Potential clients wishing to lease a DWC facility in Aviation City or Dubai Logistics City must submit their business plan and other client information to the Free Zone Department for initial approval. Applicants are notified in writing if their application is granted or rejected. Once the initial approval is granted, the applicant can proceed with the registration and incorporation of the FZE and license process followed by the procedure for obtaining a lease.
Reviews of applications are normally completed within 15 working days.
Applicants wishing only to lease office space are not requested to submit a business plan.
DWC’s Company Registrar is responsible for the registration and licensing procedures.
The client must choose the preferred type of business license and describe the business activities he/she wishes to undertake within the free zone. The application must be accompanied by the non-refundable fee as specified by DWC.
Once the application to register a FZE has been approved and payment of the required share capital (applicable for a LLC) and all other fees have been settled, the Company Registrar will issue:
For a DWC LLC:
- A Certificate of Incorporation
- Individual share certificates for each shareholder
- The company’s Memorandum of Association
- The company’s Articles of Incorporation
For a Branch:
- A Certificate of Registration
Documents Required for Setting up a DWC-LLC
- A completed Registration & Licensing Application form (DWC-LLC)
- Valid passport copies (colour preferred) of any person listed as a Director, Shareholder, General Manager and Company Secretary in the application.
- A certified true copy of the Certificate of Incorporation.
- A valid certificate of good standing or a valid trade license of any Shareholder that is a corporate entity.
- If the person handling the application and signing the declaration is not a Director, Shareholder, General Manager or Company Secretary, a notarised Power of Attorney or signed Board Resolution (if the Shareholder is a corporate entity) is required for each Shareholder, confirming that the person handling the application is authorised to act on behalf of the Shareholders.
- Two copies of the Memorandum of Association and the Articles of Association of the DWC-LLC with the name of the company to be set up and signed by all Shareholders.
Documents Required for Setting up a Branch
- A completed Registration & Licensing Application (Branch).
- A copy of a signed Board Resolution or a notarized Power of Attorney from the existing entity, which confirms the intent to set up the Branch and nominating a representative responsible for the filing.
- Certified true copies of the Memorandum and Articles of Association or similar company documents of the existing company.
- A certified true copy of the Certificate of Incorporation, Certificate of Good Standing or valid trade license of the existing company.
Set Up Fees
|DWC-LLC or branch registration or conversion of branch to DWC-LLC||10,000|
|License for each additional business activity||5,000|
|Reservation of name of company||500|
* All Business Licenses apart from General Trading License: AED 10,000 per year per license, advanced payment. Fees for General Trading Licenses: AED 25,000 per year, advanced payment.
|De-registration of FZE||5,000|
|Changes to ownership and shares transfer (DWC-LLC)||2,500|
|Amendment to share capital (DWC-LLC)||2,500|
|Amendment to name of business||2,500|
|Amendment of Company Secretary, Director (DWC-LLC) or General Manager||2,500|
|Certificate of Good Standing (DWC-LLC)||3,000|
|Company Registrar attestation of documents (for each document)||200|
|Register information request||500|
|Register amendment advertisement (DWC-LLC)||1,000 + out of pocket expense|
|Yearly license renewal||10,000|
|Amendment of license business activity (per activity)||1,000|
|Cancellation of license||2,000|
|Replacement of lost license||2,000|
For other fees please visit DWC’s website: www.dwc.ae
Dubai World Central Services
DWC has excellent co-operations with government departments and authorities resulting in streamlined company formation procedures, simple company operations and cost effective solutions.
- Free Zone services
- General Administration Department
- Setup of companies
- Utilities and Infrastructure (UIM)
Free Zone Services
DWC’s Free Zone Department provides the following services:
- Registration services: company formation, cancellations and amendments to registrations
- Lease services: issuing of leases
- License services: issuing of licenses, amendments of licenses, cancellations of licenses, suspensions of licenses
General Administration Department
DWC’s General Administration Department handles the following:
- Register maintenance
- Employee visa sponsoring
- Employee entry permits
- Employee work permits
- Employee medical examinations
- Health and safety standards
Setup of Companies
Clients can set up the following types of companies:
- DWC Limited Liability Company (DWC-LLC)
- A Branch of an overseas company or a branch of a UAE registered company
DWC Limited Liability Company (DWC-LLC)
- A legal entity with its own legal personality
- The liability of its shareholders is limited to the value of the share capital they hold in the company
- A DWC-LLC must have Directors, Shareholders, a Company Secretary and a General Manager
- A DWC-LLC will have the designation DWC-LLC
- The minimum capital requirement for DWC-LLC’s is AED 300,000. Each share value is AED 1.
A Branch of an Overseas Company or a Branch of a UAE Registered Company
- A representative office of an existing legal entity outside the DWC
- A branch is not a separate legal entity and derives authority and power from its parent company
- A branch will not have a board of directors or a company secretary. It must have a general manager who is responsible for business activities
- A branch has the same name as the name of parent company
- A branch’s name will end with the designation (Branch)
All of DWC’s free zone companies are private companies and are not permitted to invite the public to subscribe for shares, stock or debentures.
Different types of leases are provided for both the Dubai Logistics City and Aviation City parts of the DWC Free Zone. There are office space leases, land and warehouse leases. The lease agreement specifies the terms and conditions of the lease as well as the service charge and other charges.
There are various types of licenses for companies operating within DLC or Aviation City:
Logistics License: for logistics services such as distribution, storage, transportation, inventory management, order management, forwarding and clearing, sorting. The holder of the license is permitted to handle products within the UAE but not sell them within the UAE.
Industrial License: for light manufacturing such as purifying, blending, mixing, repacking, wrapping, assembling products using quiet machinery or labourers.
Trading License: for importing, exporting, selling, distributing and storage of products which are specified in the license. The selling of finished products is permitted within the UAE only through a licensed local distributor or agent.
Service License: for services such as training, catering, consulting, human resources, insurance etc which are specified in the license within DWC and other places in the UAE.
Education License: for the provision of educational, educational consultancy and social services.
Licenses are valid for a period of one year and are renewable.
Utilities and Infrastructure (UIM)
DWC’s Utilities and Infrastructure (UIM) manages DWC’s assets, utilities, systems and infrastructure.
Utilities management: operation of DWC’s District Cooling Business and management of the main electrical substations together with its gas turbine generators.
Infrastructure management: management of the maintenance and smooth operation of DWC’s roads. Road operation includes landscaping, street lights, water features, fire water / irrigation water, storm water drainage and pumping, sewage, sewage treatment and reservoirs. Sewage network and STP operations monitor the sewage connections of all facilities to the network.
Assets management: receives assets, maintains the assets database and centralized maintenance system.
Dubai World Central Products
Plots of Land
- Available land for the building of own facilities
- Construction must be in line with DWC’s Planning Regulations and Development guidelines and Construction Health, Safety and Environment guidelines
- The facilities must be functional from 18 months from the date of lease
- Clients leasing plots of land are responsible for electrical, water, telecommunications, sewage connection and consumption costs
Fitting out must be in line with DWC’s Fit-Out guidelines and functional from 90 days from the date of lease.
- Office space available at DLC and Aviation City
- The client must complete the registration process to obtain a lease
- Office space is either fully fitted or shell and core
- Clients leasing fitted offices are responsible for the cost of telecommunications connections and consumption
- Shell and core offices must be fitted-out in line with DWC’s Fit-Out works guidelines
- Shell and core offices must have an Operation Fitness Certificate before starting business activities
- Clients leasing shell and core offices are responsible for the cost of electricity, water, a/c, telecommunications, sewage connections and consumption
- Offices need to start business activities within 60 days of the date of the lease
- First-class commercial facilities and offices
- Ideal platform for a successful business
- 11 office buildings
- Central location – at the entrance of Dubai World Central
- Flexible commercial leases
- Free Zone and non-Free Zone licenses
- Quick and seamless services all under one roof
- Advanced use of technology
- Fitted, high quality ready-to-use offices and open plan office space
- Core and shell commercial facilities
- Provision of large areas of space for companies to expand their operations
- Ample car parking
- Single-bonded free zone providing transportation logistics services by air and sea
- Located near the apron of Al Maktoum International Airport
- Direct access to Jebel Ali Port and Jebel Ali Free Zone via the Dubai Logistics Corridor
- DLC provides office space, warehouses, land for long term lease
- Located south of DLC and next to the apron of Al Maktoum International Airport
- Houses light aviation manufacturing and related activities
- Connected to Jebel Ali Port and Free Zone via the Dubai Logistics Corridor
- Aviation City provides office space, warehouses, land for long term lease
A number of well-known enterprises including:
- Kuehne & Nagel
are housed at DWC and take advantage of the excellent infrastructure and facilities offered by the free zone.
Information to download:
DWC Corporate Video