Dubai Internet City (DIC) Company Formation
Introduction – Free Zone Focus
Dubai Internet City (DIC) is a member of TECOM Investments and is the largest Information and Communications Technology hub in the Middle East and North Africa.
DIC Free Zone is an ideal base for investors wishing to target emerging global markets. The population of emerging markets is around 2 billion with a GDP of $7 trillion.
DIC is located and operates in the Dubai Technology & Media Free Zone’s (DTMFZA) jurisdiction.
DIC was created in 2000 and is now used as a base for giant multinationals, many of whom are Fortune 500 companies. Facebook and LinkedIn are housed at DIC as well as many other well-known foreign and local companies.
DIC was the developer of the business park concept in Dubai and today is home for over 15,000 knowledge workers.
DIC provides support to clients who wish to incorporate their ICT business with its In5 Innovation hub and First Steps business centre. These facilities provide invaluable support, especially useful to start-up businesses and small-medium sized enterprises, enabling them to establish their businesses swiftly and easily.
In5 provides the necessary infrastructure, working environment and access to funds and was created to develop and encourage innovation for entrepreneurs. First Steps was created with the aim of supporting start-ups and small-medium sized enterprises, supporting the businesses until they are able to grow. It provides many services which are used by clients from the registration process to the day to day running of the business.
Investors involved in the following business activities are welcome to be part of the DIC community:
- Software:developing, modifying, installing software products
- Network and Telecommunications: developing, operating, installing, modifying networks or providing services for operating network-based applications or services
- Internet and Multimedia: developing, distributing internet or multimedia content. Distributing goods or services via the Internet, provision of network applications
- IT Service: developing and providing IT services such as security, localization, training services
DIC also welcomes investors from other industry sectors such as:
- General service providers: for example insurance, travel, courier
- Consultants: for example lawyers, accountants, auditors
- Property management: for example, commercial development, property management
- Hotels and leisure: for example, hotels, apartments
- 2007: UAE Super Brand
- 2008: Foreign Direct Investment Magazine – Best Hi-Tech Free Zone
- 2009: Dubai Police Partner Award
- 2009: UAE Super Brand
- 2010: 4th place in the Best Incentives Category globally
- 2011: Top Global Free Zone of the Future
Competitive Advantages: Why Dubai Internet City?
- Zero personal income tax for 50 years
- Zero corporate taxes for 50 years
- Zero customs duty for goods and services
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- Huge industry potential
- Highly advanced IT infrastructure
- World’s largest commercial IP Telephony network
- Cluster environment with well-known leading global and local companies
- Dynamic international community with opportunities for business interaction and networking
- State-of-the art business centres
- Simple company laws and legal framework with no red tape
- Simple registration process
- One-Stop Shop providing many services under one roof
- Experienced and multi-lingual staff with expertise in their areas
- Quiet natural surroundings of the business park – a great place to work
- 24/7 visa service
- 24/7 security
Dubai Internet City Free Zone Contact Details:
DIC Building 4
Shaikh Zayed Road
PO Box 73000, Dubai, UAE
Tel: +971 4 3911111
Fax: +971 4 3919000
7:30am – 4:30pm (Sunday to Thursday)
Managing Director, DIC and DOZ
Ammar Al Malik
Director of Business Development DIC and DOZ
Dubai Internet City Free Zone Company Registration Process
||Business Park / DMTFZA||Time needed|
|Step 1: Contact the Business Park Sales personnel and submit the application and relevant documents*||Review application||Approx. 5 working days|
|Step 2: Send the legal documents for company registration as per check list to the Business Park Sales personnel||Issue of Customer Confirmation Letter and details of company, office and payment||2 working days|
|Step 3: Sign and return Customer Confirmation Letter and make the payments (for registration, fee, visas, lease etc)||Review of legal documents by DTMFZA Registration & Licensing Department. For FZ-LLC’s only – AOA, MOA and Bank Introduction Letter are prepared||2 working days|
|Step 4: For FZ-LLC’s only – sign AOA and MOA, collect Bank Introduction Letter and attested resolution|
|Step 5: For FZ-LLC’s only – open company bank account, deposit share capital & return “proof of capital letter” to Business Park||Preparation of license & lease by DTMFZA Registration & Licensing Department. For FZ-LLC’s a Certificate of Incorporation is issued and the Registrar signs and seals the MOA and AOA. Preparation of lease by TECOM Leasing Department||3 working days|
|Step 6: Sign Lease Agreement and Personnel Sponsorship Agreement and collect license. For FZ-LLC’s, collect MOA and AOA from TECOM Leasing Department. Collect keys from TECOM Security Department|
*Documents to be submitted together with the application form:
- Application form for company registration (for FZ-LLC’s)
- Application form for license
- Business plan
- Passport copy for manager, director(s), shareholder(s), legal representative of company
Dubai Internet City Free Zone Services
- Company registration
- Issuing of licenses
- One-Stop shop
- Advertising and Venue Management Services
Dubai Technology & Media Free Zone Authority (DTMFZA) approves the registration of DIC companies and handles all the necessary procedures involved.
Clients can register two types of company at DIC:
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC)
Free Zone LLC
- Shareholders can be physical persons and/or companies
- At least one director
- Capital requirements: minimum AED 50,000
- Branch of a foreign company or branch of a United Arab Emirates parent company
- A base to conduct business activities which is a legally dependent part of the parent company
- No minimum capital requirement
The approval of the establishment and registration of companies as well as the regulation of all procedures involved in the setup of companies in DIC is carried out by the Registration and Licensing Department of the Dubai Technology & Media Free Zone Authority. There is a choice of commercial license options for a new incorporation of a Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC) or a Branch of an Existing Foreign or UAE Company.
- Business activities must be in compliance with the Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone Licensing Regulations
- Licenses are valid for business activities within DIC
- Clients must lease a facility of DIC
- Licenses and permits are issued for one year
- Annual renewable licenses
- The services provided by DTMFZA are subject to the laws and regulations issued by DTMFZA and are amended from time to time
- Investors can apply for various license amendments such as, change of company name, change of director etc to their commercial license
- Two or more companies housed within the Free Zone can apply for consent to merge and conduct their business as one company.
- A FZ-LLC can amend the structure of share ownership, for example, by increasing or decreasing the share capital, transferring shares to new or old shareholders
- A branch of a parent foreign company can change its legal status to a FZ-LLC
DIC’s One-Stop Shop provides all its services under one roof and enables the client to set up and run his/her business swiftly and easily. The Government Services Operations department (GSO) provides direct access to the various government departments for a hassle-free process for the issuing of visas, immigration, postal services and other services.
- Quick registration procedure
- Registration of companies
- Issuing of business licenses
- Issuing of visas
- Facilities management
- Internet and telecommunication services
- Data services
- Health, safety and security services
Advertising and Venue Management Services
Advertising and Venue Management Services (AVMS) are provided which offer clients various types of indoor and outdoor venues for conferences, seminars shows etc and many options for indoor and outdoor advertising.
- Indoor and outdoor venues
- Venues which can be customised to suit business needs
- Venues to suit different events and budgets
- Provision of conference and meeting equipment and facilities
- Amphitheatres and DMC Amphitheatre (award winner) has a capacity for 15,000 people
Dubai Internet City Free Zone Products
- Plots of land
- First Steps Business Centre
- Conference rooms
- Other facilities
- TECOM Business Parks
DIC provides modern offices as well as shared office space to clients wishing to set up all types of companies.
Features of DIC’s offices:
- Total of 25 low rise, mid-rise and high rise buildings
- State-of-the-art offices
- Flexible office design
- Building Management System (BMS) provides services such as saving of energy and security
- Bank, shops, food courts and government departments within the facilities
- Surrounding landscaped parkland
- Lakeside amphitheatre
- Car parking
DIC offers a “Fit-out Process” via its TECOM’s Engineering Management Department which is essentially a one-stop shop which deals with the fit-out process and approvals required in setting up an office.
Plots of Land
TECOM Investments provides plots of land for lease or sale.
Features of Plots of Land:
- Ready provisions for electricity, water, sewage, telecommunications
- Availability of plots of 100,000 sq ft for building of commercial offices
- Availability of plots to build hotels of various categories – hotel apartments, 5-star hotels, mid-range hotels
First Steps Business Centre
First Steps Business Centre provides fully furnished office space in state-of-the-art facilities which is available for a short term and which is useful for new company start-ups or to investors who wish to test the market.
Clients of First Steps Business Centre can select the size, location and type of office to suit their business needs. They are also provided with the following services:
- One year Commercial license
- Administration support by dedicated team
- Courier service
- Company address
- Office maintenance and cleaning
- Common kitchen area with free refreshments
- Equipment such as presentation equipment and printers
- Monitoring of visitors
- Meeting rooms
- Car parking: Parking Management system for reserved parking and road metered car parking
- 24/7 security
Types of Office Space
- Executive Office – fully furnished office for up to seven employees. Different sizes available.
- Executive Desk - or “hot desk” which is suitable for clients who need a small space to work. Executive Desk clients are allowed one visa.
DIC provides modern conference facilities which are suitable for board meetings, training and company seminars. All conference rooms are equipped with presentation equipment. DIC provides catering services for meetings and conferences.
DIC’s clients can enjoy a wide range of facilities within the zone such as:
- Banks & ATMs
- Gym (Fitness First Platinum)
- Medical clinic
- Security services
TECOM Business Parks
DIC and Dubai Outsource Zone are part of TECOM Business Parks, a subsidiary company of TECOM Investments. TECOM Business Parks is a cluster of 8 different business parks which cater for Education, Sciences, Media, Manufacturing & Logistics sectors. DIC’s clients are offered access to the products and services offered by the TECOM Business Parks.
The business parks within the TECOM Business Parks group are:
- Dubai Media City
- International Media Production Zone
- Dubai Studio City
- Dubai Knowledge Village
- Dubai International Academic City
- Dubai Biotechnology and Research Park
- Energy & Environment Park
- Dubai Industrial City.
Dubai Internet City Free Zone Clients
DIC houses global ICT giants such as:
- Sony Ericsson
Information to download:
DIC Corporate Video