Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) Free Zone Company Formation
Introduction – Free Zone Focus
Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) was established in 2002 by the Vice President of UAE, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum. The free zone was created in order to satisfy the growing demand for top-quality healthcare. DHCC’s aim is to facilitate and promote healthcare education, research and community service to the highest quality. It is a globally recognised location for first-class healthcare, patient care, medical education and research.
DHCC is the largest free zone dedicated to healthcare in the Middle East and North Africa. Now DHCC houses two hospitals, over 140 medical facilities, commercial offices and retail stores. DHCC is also home to many well-known regional and international healthcare brands.
DHCC offers expertise across a wide range of fields. Over 4000 licensed medical professionals are housed in the 4.1 million sq. feet free zone. The medical professionals have to meet demanding global quality standards so that they can practice at DHCC. DHCC has strong partnerships with international healthcare industry players and notorious educational institutions and medical boards.
DHCC is located in the centre of Dubai and is only a few km from Dubai International Airport.
Competitive Advantages: Why DHCC?
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% repatriation of profits and capital
- 50 years personal, income and corporate taxes exemption
- Zero customs duty for goods and services
- Zero restrictions on capital
- Zero trade barriers and quotas
- Competitive prices – low cost of operations
- High investment opportunities
- High brand exposure
- Provision of excellent medical care
- Access to excellent healthcare professionals
- World-class facilities
- Flexible building design which suits the healthcare industry
- Convenient one-stop shop services
- Simple registration of companies
- Support services
- Simple but strong company laws and legal framework
- Zero bureaucracy
- Fast access to knowledge workers via fast track immigration process
Dubai Healthcare City Contact Details
PO Box 66566
Tel: Call Centre: 800 432584
For media enquiries:
For general enquiries:
Tel: 00971 4 324 5555
For setting up a facility in DHCC:
Tel: 00971 4 324 5555
8.00 am to 5.00 pm Sunday to Thursday
Chief Executive Officer
Member of the Board of Directors
Ammar S. Hattab
Chief of Finance Officer
Member of the Board of Directors
Dr. Amer Ahmad Sharif
Managing Director, Education Division
Dr. Wajdi Al Daghma
Chief Operating Officer
Dubai Healthcare City Company Registration Process
Investors wishing to set up a company in DHCC should contact a sales representative at the DHCC Sales Team.
|1) Providing information to the client||Provide all the necessary information to the client|
|2) Signing of the Reservation Agreement||Sign the Reservation Agreement and pay the administration fee as well as the deposit of 10% for the annual rent in order to reserve the DHCC facility|
|3) Submitting of the application for approval||Submit the application form and the business plan and pay the processing fee||DHCC will review the application. The business plan and application are evaluated and approved by the Regulatory Body. If the application is rejected, the client is refunded with the 10% of annual rent. Timing – 2 weeks|
|4) Submitting of the legal documents for the registration of the company||Submit the legal documents for the company registration following the check list. Pay the registration fee and the license fee.||Review of the legal documents by the Registration and License Department. For FZLLC, AOA, MOA and bank letter are also prepared. Timing – 2 days|
|5) Signing of the Article & Memorandum of Association and depositing the share capital (not applicable if setting up a branch)||Sign the Constitutional documents and collect the bank letter and board resolution. Deposit the share capital and return the proof of capital letter to DHCC.|
|6) Issuing of the Commercial License (LINK TO LICENSES BELOW) and Leasing Agreement||Preparation of the Commercial License Permit by the Registration & Licensing Department. Lease prepared by the Leasing Department. Timing – 2-5 days|
|7) Signing of the Lease Agreement and collection of the Commercial License||Sign the Lease Agreement and collect the Commercial License. For a FZLLC, collect the AOA and MOA.|
|8) Transferring to PRM||The client will now liaise with Partner Relations in order to handle lease renewals and amendments to facilities etc.|
Minimum Capital Requirements
Dubai Healthcare City Services
Dubai Technology & Media Free Zone Authority (DTMFZA) is responsible for approving the setup and registration of companies in DHCC and regulates all procedures involved. A choice of commercial licenses is offered to investors. All businesses housed at DHCC have one-year commercial licenses or permits for the business activities which are specified and approved by DHCC’s licensing regulations. In order to be issued a licence by DHCC, the client must lease a DHCC facility and the business must be operated within the free zone.
Setting up a FZ-LLC
A new Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC) is set up which is a separate legal entity with shareholders being physical persons and /or companies. At least one director is required. The minimum capital requirement is AED 50,000 for commercial companies and AED 300,000 for clinical companies.
Setting up a Branch
A branch of an established foreign company or an established local company does not require share capital. A branch is not a separate legal entity from its parent company and conducts the same business activities as the parent.
First Steps provides all the services and necessary support for clients who wish to set up their business in DHCC. Services provided include, administrative support, issuing of licenses, and the provision of furnished office facilities. It is a one-stop shop which fosters the growth of businesses until they are in a position to grow.
Dubai Healthcare City Products
DHCC offers a variety of leasing and freehold commercial and retail facilities.
- Over 15 buildings offering commercial facilities
- Modern commercial offices ideal for all types of businesses
- Innovative infrastructure facilitating easy communication between different parts of the client’s business
- Nearby banks, shops, restaurants, cafes and governments departments
- State-of-the-art business venue facilities
- Car parking with reserved parking facilities
- Executive Desk Option: hot-desking which is ideal for companies requiring cheap and small office space. Clients with Executive Desks are entitled to one visa.
- Executive Offices: a furnished and fitted office, available in various sizes for two up to seven people per office.
- Licensing and visa support services
- Commercial license for one year
- Residency visa (the number of visas depends on the type of office)
- Business address
- Support facilities and services
- Meeting & video conferencing facilities
- Presentation equipment
- Printing equipment
- Cleaning and maintenance
- Courier services
- 24/7 security
- Car parking
Note: A company is allowed to sponsor one employee per 80 sq. ft. of leased space.
Modern, world-class clinical facilities are offered at DHCC’s Clinical Complex. The clinical facilities are ideal for setting up specialty clinics and day-surgery centres. Advanced technology is incorporated in the clinics’ design and infrastructure to satisfy the needs of specific clinical facilities. The Clinical Complex also houses pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, healthcare consulting firms, medical equipment companies and healthcare recruitment services.
Mohammed Bin Rashid Academic Medical Centre (MBR-AMC)
The Mohammed Bin Rashid Academic Medical Centre (MBR-AMC) is the main education and research centre of DHCC. Its mission is to establish an academic and clinical setting for world-class healthcare, research and education.
MBR-AMC is composed of various facilities, including:
- Al Maktoum Medical Library (AMML): a facility housing the widest collection of medical resources in the Gulf region, both in print and digital format. This Library plays a vital role in the provision of medical information and expertise to support DHCC’s educational, researching and clinical activities. The library aims to position Dubai as a place for excellent medical education, life sciences research and learning.
- Khalaf Ahmad Al Habtoor Medical Simulation Centre: a state-of-the-art training facility for medical professionals which offers simulated environments which involve humans. This facilitates the learning and perfecting of all medical procedures in a safe environment and is useful for both experienced medical professionals as well as students.
- Dubai College of Dental Medicine: a specialist dental college which is led by the world’s most renowned dental specialists. DCDM offers Master of Science degrees in various specializations. The clinic at DCDM is a not-for-profit establishment whose main objective is providing the highest standards of dental service and world-class education facilities.
- The Centre for Healthcare Planning and Quality (CPQ): a separate regulatory body whose role is to establish and maintain worldwide best practices in healthcare in DHCC. All providers of healthcare have to meet strict standards so that they can be licensed by CPQ.
- Ahmed Seddiqi Conference Centre: a technically advanced auditorium facility ideal for hosting large conferences, scientific forums, workshops and lectures
- Easa Saleh Al-Gurg Case Method Hall: is ideal for practical medical onsite training with world-class technology.
Plots of Land
- Plots of land available for sale or lease
- Ideal for construction of hospitals, hotels, housing and commercial offices
- Ready infrastructure for road, water, power, sewage and telecommunications
- Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland
- National University of Ireland
- UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research
Some of the multinational providers of healthcare and pharmaceutical companies housed at DHCC:
- Johnson & Johnson
- Sanofi Aventis
- Merck Serono
- Novo Nordisk
- Moorfields Eye Hospital
- Maghrebi Eye Hospital
Information to download: