Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority (DAFZA) Company Formation
Introduction – Free Zone Focus
Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZA) was launched in 1996 as a plan to achieve extraordinary economic growth for the emirate of Dubai. It has now become the fastest growing free zone in the region.
Foreign Direct Investment Magazine (Global Free Zones & Awards 2012/13), the only reputed Free Zones Rankings globally, has ranked Dubai Airport Free Zone as the world’s best Free Zone.
1,600 companies are now housed at DAFZA. Investors based at DAFZA come from all over the world and include some of the best known company giants, covering a large number of industry sectors.
DAFZA is located next to Dubai International Airport meaning that it is able to provide 24/7 logistical services.
DAFZA offers its clients world-class facilities with its state-of-the-art infrastructure providing office space, warehouses and plots of land. DAFZA’s clients are able to set up their businesses easily and swiftly as the free zone has direct access to government departments offering a streamlined service.
Competitive Advantages: Why DAFZA?
- 0% corporate tax
- 0% import & export tax
- 0% income tax
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- Zero currency restrictions
- Modern state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities
- Strategic location – central Dubai
- Near Dubai International Airport – access to 220 countries via 130 airlines
- Strong connections with Government departments
- Logistics Centre and world-class facilities for cargo handling
- Administrative support from one stop shop – hassle free processes
- DAFZA holds ISO and OHSAS certification
- 24/7 customs service and fast clearance of cargo
Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority Contact Details
Dubai Airport Freezone
PO Box 491 Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tel +971 4 299 5555
Sales: +971 4 202 7000
Call Centre Tel. No. 6005 60000 (24/7)
Fax +971 4 299 5500
Sunday to Thursday 7.30 am to 2.30 pm
H.H. Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum
Dr. Mohammed Al Zarooni
Executive Director of Finance, Sales and Customer Relations
Ahmed Ali Awadhi
Viji Vincent Palayur
Holly Al Dhebaiei
Dubai Airport Free Zone Company Registration Process
In order to set up a company the following documents need to be submitted to DAFZA’s Sales Department:
|Documents||Branch||FZE (physical person)||FZE (company)|
|Letter of Intent||√||√||√|
|Company of Intent (brochure / company profile)||√|
|Company business plan||√|
|Audited financial report||√||√|
|Personal bank statement (past 6 months)||√|
|Bank reference (original)||√|
|Passport copy and CV of shareholder(s)||√|
|Passport copy and CV of Manager||√||√||√|
|No Objection Letter from sponsor (for companies based in UAE)||√||√||√|
All legal documents must be:
- Notarized by a notary public
- Attested by an embassy of UAE (country of origin)
- Attested by UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Following the approval of the company setup by DAFZA after 7-10 working days, the client needs to:
- Select the appropriate type of office space
- Decide if he/she requires DAFZA’s Interior Design Department’s services to design/furnish the office.
When the office is complete:
- Invoice is issued
- Invoice must be paid in two weeks
- Lease agreement is issued and signed
- Office keys collected
Following this, DAFZA’s licensing personnel or the client himself can submit the legal documents for an FZE company to the Lease and Licensing Department.
|Documents||Branch||FZE (physical person)||FZE (company)|
|Certificate of Registration or Certificate of Incorporation of the shareholder /parent company (Notarized and Attested)||√||√|
|Memorandum & Articles of Association of the shareholder / parent company (Notarized and Attested)||√||√|
|Board of Resolution for the establishment of a branch in DAFZA and guarantee of full financial commitment (Notarized and Attested)||√|
|Board of Resolution for the establishment of a FZE in DAFZA (Notarized and Attested)||√||√|
|Appointment of Negotiator of Legal Representative (if required), Power of Attorney, specimen of signature and copy of passport (if required) (Notarized and Attested)||√||√|
|Manager & specimen signature & power of attorney & copy of passport (Notarized and Attested)||√||√||√|
|Director and specimen signature & power of attorney & copy of passport (Notarized and Attested)||√||√|
|Secretary and specimen signature & power of attorney & copy of passport (Notarized and Attested)||√||√|
|Letter for Bank share capital (if required)||√||√|
Finally, the client’s license is issued together with the share capital certificate.
The whole process of company registration should take less than four weeks.
Following the setup of a company, the following must be arranged in order to complete all necessary processes:
- PO Box and post code
- Establishment Card
- Manager visa
- Employees’ visas
- IT Connection for your premises (Etisalat or Du)
- Car parking space
- Insurance of the office (workmanship, fire, third-party liability)
DAFZA Rules for Company Registration
Law No. 2, 1996 and amendment No. 2, 2000, His Highness Sheikh Maktoum Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai, regarding the formation of legal establishments at DAFZA.
DAFZA’s rules and regulations state that all companies in Dubai must have a legal formation and registration, a minimum share capital, the letters FZE at the end of the company’s name, details of ownership and the owner’s declaration. Also necessary is the company’s registered office, a sign with the company’s name, company stationery, shares, proof of transfer of shares, company directors and a company secretary. It must hold directors’ meetings, have objects, a seal, contracts, accounting records, distribution channels and adequate funds.
Monitoring takes place to make sure that all companies abide by the rules and regulations.
Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority Services
DAFZA’s dedicated staff provide the support that clients need to set up and operate their businesses efficiently and effectively.
- Company registration
- Issuing of licenses
- Additional client support
DAFZA sets up two types of companies depending on the clients’ intended business activities and requirements. Each company type offers different benefits and options.
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE)
- Branch Office
Free Zone Establishment (FZE) (new DAFZA company structure)
- 1 – 50 shareholders (either physical person or company)
- Minimum share capital – AED 1000
- Value of each share – AED 1000
- Branch of an established foreign company
- No share capital required
Issuing of Licenses
Licenses are issued by DAFZA to enable investors to set up their company and commence their desired business activities. There are three type of DAFZA business licenses which the client can select depending on the business activities and requirements:
- Industrial License: suitable for light manufacturing, processing, packaging and assembling activities
- Trade License: suitable for export, import, storage and distribution of products which are specified on the license
- Service License: provision of services which are specified on the license
Additional Client Support
Sponsorship of staff: DAFZA provides support to its client with processing and issuing of visas, health cards, medical reports, residence permits, etc for the staff of the companies.
Sponsorship of family: dedicated personnel support the directors of the companies to process and issue visas for their family members.
Documentation: DAFZA handles the issuing of all required documents in order to open bank accounts, register vehicles, obtain driving licenses etc.
24/7 security: provided by experienced security staff.
IT & Telecommunications: state-of-the-art IT and telecommunications systems to support all company types. Reliable, scalable systems can be built to suit each company’s individual activities and needs.
Customs and Immigration services: 24/7 customs service and fast clearance of cargo via DAFZA’s logistics department.
E-services (Tas’heel): a large selection of online services is available which facilitates the processes involved in the issuing of visas, permits, health cards etc. Clients are able to monitor the progress of the processes online.
Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority Products
- Light industrial units (LIU’s)
- Business support facilities
- Other facilities
- Special package for company setup
DAFZA provides office space in the modern Business Park in Dubai for clients to set up their businesses.
Features of DAFZA Offices:
- Wide range of office types
- Free size of offices
- High quality fittings – carpets, false ceilings, wall paper, window blinds
- Offices can be furnished according to individual taste, branding and specifications
- Minimum space of 25sqm to obtain a license
- 4 employee visas issued for every 50sqm of office space
- 1 year lease, renewable annually
Light industrial units (LIU’s)
Light industrial units are ready-made facilities available for rent which can be used as warehouses for storage and distribution of goods or for light industrial activities such as manufacturing and assembling.
Features of DAFZA light industrial units:
- Top quality purpose-built units
- Several units can be used by one company if required
- Each unit has office space on a separate floor
- Average size 350 sqm
- Thermal insulation
- Close location to Dubai International Airport’s apron facility
- 1 year lease, renewable annually
Business Support Facilities
DAFZA provides the following business support facilities to its clients:
- Meeting rooms
- Business lounge
- Lecture hall
- Screens and other equipment for presentations
- Flip charts, stationery, visualisers
- Catering service
DAFZA also provides other facilities such as:
- Food court
- Car rental services
- Travel agent
- Medical clinic
- Post office
- Car parking and valet parking
Special Package for Company Setup
Two office space facility types are offered by DAFZA:
- Executive Suites package
- Business Desk packagePage Content
Features of Executive Suites Package:
- A cost effective solution
- 50sqm furnished office for one manager and 4 employees
- Package includes all expenses (registration, license, P O Box, car parking, insurance, 6 employment visas)
- Monthly rental for this package: AED 12,000
Features of the Business Desk Package:
- Ideal for start-ups – minimum cost
- Quick setup
- Package includes, 1 employment visa, desk/2 chairs/cabinet/telephone
- Monthly rent AED 4,000 or AED 45,000 yearly
Information to download:
DAFZA News and Latest Developments
- March, 2017 - DAFZA Announces 16% Profit Growth for 2016 and Record Numbers for DAFZA Company Registrations